When we built our home 11 years ago we had this great closet in our family room that we used for storing books, board games, and other miscellaneous items. As our family and our desire for gathering company around the table has grown, we’ve had to do some rearranging. About 8 year ago we decided to claim the family room closet as the kitchen pantry and it was the best decision ever!
This post contains affiliate links; visit the disclosure tab to learn more.
Here are my TOP 5 tips for either organizing a Kitchen Pantry Closet, or things to keep in mind when you create one!
- Use a shoe organizer on the back of the door. This is ideal for things like granola (or my favorite, chocolate chip cookie dough LÄRABAR), small raisin boxes, single serving packages of nuts, and so much more! Tip: Keep snacks the kids can eat at their reach, put things like the good chocolate up a little higher.
- Store items like cereal boxes up high, where you can stack several of them uniformly to the ceiling, or as high as you need to.
- Toss small stuff in baskets if it doesn’t stack well on its own. Remove the packaging so you don’t have to fuss with it later, and so you can fit more into the basket.
- Use command hooks to hang up towels, a mop, a duster or any other cleaning things that you need to be able to get at easily, but don’t want setting out where everyone can see them. I use to keep all of my towels under the sink, but I got tired of bending over to get them. Call it lazy if you wish, I’m just super-efficient.
- Keep an extra chair in the pantry for drop-in company. We also use to keep an extra booster type high chair in here for when we’d have little ones over. Now my friends’ children are all getting older and don’t need the booster each time they visit, so we’ve retired it to the basement. So depending on what stage you’re in, keep some sort of extra seating close by if you are able to.
That’s it folks, those are my tips! I hope at least one of these things is helpful to you, and I’d love to hear any other ideas you have based on what you’re using, or suggestions you have for me after watching my video.
Clean & Organized Home = 1 Happy Momma!