Here is what is on my mind:
- Visiting a Farmers Market tomorrow with my little family & my fun niece.
- I’m feeling content with the stage the basement is at. I’m thrilled with being able to actually go down there and use the space! LOVE that the kids have their own hang out to explore, be creative and bond with each other.
- Thankful to be back at church where our children can go and learn about Gods love while my husband and I get time for us. Then getting to worship as a family, it’s wonderful. Praying for all of those volunteering and leading to have patience with the little ones and that they themselves would grow spiritually from the experience of helping others. Wishing I could help, but also knowing that my marriage needs to be the priority and our weekly chats cannot be compromised.
- Happy that MOPS has started back up for the year, and I’m getting used to not being on the steering team (I stepped down at the end of last year when I thought we would be homeschooling and I wouldn’t be able to attend meetings). I miss it greatly, but feel like there is a wonderful group of women leading the group and I know they will all do an awesome job this year. I do like getting to just go and enjoy a meeting without tons of prep work and clean up. Praying for the women who are leading that they can easily balance their roles between MOPS and their families.
- Oh, SO grateful for “us” time! 🙂
- Wishing bedtime was easier for our prince, but so happy that he is starting to outgrow his shyness. He is such a delight & we enjoy our days together.
- Best of all, I’m feeling blessed that my little princess is reading & proud of her for reading most of her book by herself last night. ♥ I love that she is making so many friends in the neighborhood and think that they are helping her to mature and work on her social skills.
- Feeling discontent with our decision to send the girl back to public school, but trying to pray on it and make the very best of it & not show her my fears. Wondering how the transition would go if we did decided to bring her back home & wondering if God could equip me to provide for her educationally and be sure she learns all that she needs to learn.
- Considering adding a cupboard with counter where my hutch is (it would match the kitchen). I’m wondering if it would make the kitchen seem bigger and tie the room all together, or if it would look ducky and I’d be stuck with it. If we don’t do that I would like to get cupboards put in down stairs. I have a ton of kitchen stuff. I ♥ kitchen stuff!
- Oh lastly, I’m so hooked on pinterest.com
Haha, you're welcome. 😉 I hope that you had a fun farmer's market visit today. I too am so glad that MOPS has started back up. I look forward to getting to know everyone better. 🙂 And just keep praying about what to do with that sweet girl of yours. I think that you would do fantastic with full-time homeschooling, but you've got to do what you know in your heart is right for your family. When I first started, I did it about six weeks into the school year. I decided at the end of one week that my 1st grader wasn't going back on Monday and that was that. I was scared to death, but by the grace of God we did it!
My vote would be more storage space downstairs. As practical as it would be for you to have cupboards upstairs in that space, I always think about long term and resale and stuff, ya know?
Quincey B. says
Thanks for your kind words Courtney! How brave of you to jump into the homeschooling like that. A big part of me knows Mady is learning a whole bunch now (finally, we got a great teacher to help her this year! But I still feel like "mother knows best" and I just miss her so much when shes gone all day, and my hearts desire is to educate my children at home).
I really wanted to spend the summer touring farmers markets around the area, but we just never really did it. We did go to the market in town about once a week sometimes twice.
Last weekend we went to Albert Lea and enjoyed theirs very well! They had the streets blocked off and lots of vendors and stores with sales which made it really fun for browsing.
I think you're right about the storage downstairs. I do need to think resale, even though I'm pretty sure we'll be here for a very long time, you just never know what Gods plan might be.