Sometimes when things in life make me step outside my comfort zone it’s hard for me to find joy, in the midst of my insecurities. Things around here have been past uncomfortable. Without boring you with details I will just say I’m reminded of wise words from two dear friends. The first one taught me “Jesus is my defender”. That alone has really changed my tone. I no longer have to take on the burden of proving my innocence over any given situation because I know He loves me, and will defend me.
- Plentiful sunshine.
- Turning the heat off for the season (those electric bills just pain this frugal momma).
- A body healthy enough to take walks with my family.
- Seeing the absolute delight & pride on the neighbor boy’s face as he learned to ride his bike without training wheels.
- My precious children improving their social skills as they eagerly engage with their neighborhood friends.
- My view from the kitchen window, a sandbox full of kids.
- A messy van and no time to clean it, yes even in this there is joy.
- A warm uninterrupted shower, rare but blissful when it happens.
- My husband “the builder”, and our boy following him around anxious to help daddy, as long as it involves tools.
- The baby snuggling into my chest when she’s sleepy.
- The big girl, the joy she finds in sports.
- A refrigerator so full its a pain to put away even more groceries. We are blessed.
Friends, where are your joys found this week?